Sunday, March 7, 2010

woo-man for reservation...

Whenever i feel like observing India and its people very closely then I prefer traveling by bus...on one hot summery monsoon day as we experience nowadays in India i boarded a bus. The bus was thronged by people of all ages...fortunately I found a seat in the first instance...but then i saw a lady coming behind me with a four year old kid in her lap. Being altruistic and being so much influence the manipulative media making people realize there duties and responsibilities. ..Just for there own business purpose I gave her my seat...Then the rest of the journey I preferred standing chewing gum which helped me observe and contemplate the state of women in our country...
Then at one end I saw a board saying that this seats are reserved for women and under it I saw 6 young students chatting humorously and inadvertently without knowing that besides them were few ladies standing with a gloomy face on...I actually don’t blame the guys for it but I blame the women of our country. despite of such efforts done by government for empowering women’s plight, the women themselves do not want pull themselves off the quagmire...man will always be like man symbolizing dominance but to be aware of one's right is significant. ..That is where I feel education matters the most...It’s a small issue but I actually felt helpless at such sight...
Neither I am a feminist nor trying to be one...But I don’t think we are too different from the Taliban is who consider women nothing but a sex object...We may revere them a bit more that’s it. They are more unabashed and we are more hypocrites. .As far as we try being humans....Its just the time to wake up...being educated we can certainly bring change in the society...And believe me its not boring as it looks...Everyone can do it in its own creative way...Lets bring some change in the society or else there will be men and women in this world but no humans..Lets try to be one..

No comments:

Post a Comment