Friday, November 25, 2011

About Move-ies

Every Saturday the one thing I wait for is Films reviews and especially by Shubra Gupta, in the Indian Express,others are solely crapped or either paid reviews. Even sudish Kamath of The Hindu is somewhat closer to writing correct reviews. And I havent started writing for the newspapers yet. I dont know when last did I watch any new hindi movie which actually stirred me.
Everytime I have to go to back to my library and watch some old flicks which provides exceptional cinematic pleasure. I have recently fallen in love with " the background scores" of movies. I never knew what effect did it have on scenes. But to my discovery, an effective background score changes the perception of the viewer. This lacunae i found very much lacking in Mausam made my pankaj kapoor.
When i was watching the Lord of the rings all three parts, the distinguishing factor i found was in the background score it had created. It justifies the screenplay in the best possible way.
When i watched Raone, i felt sorry for myself because we are still living in the age where stardom replaces great performances. I would anyday watch Robot instead of Raone for special effects. When in spiderman part 1, Tobey Maguire opines to Kirsten Dunst that though i love you i wont be able to live with you because, " With more power comes more responsibilty" it still has the capacity to enthrall the audiences million times more then any of the plots Raone created.
Its time when we actually make quality cinema instead of rejoicing ourselves in movies like desi boyz and stuff. Movies are the windows to the world. The best way movies can be made is when they are better written. The story & screenplay holds the key to any good movie. The rest can fall in place if these two are apt.
With no good movie on the list i will again have to search my library for older flicks. But i will go for The Godfather collection this week. It still fascinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment