Friday, April 30, 2010

MOVE-ies of the month...

It’s been long time since I have taken up blogging. Finally my pent up feelings have reached its crescendo so couldn’t stop myself writing. Movies and books are keeping me busy nowadays. I have watched a lot of movies this month and would suggest every moviegoer to watch in your leisure. If you are a pet lover and want to watch a slow pace movie and love experimenting then do watch this movie named “Eight Below”. The way movies are made in the west I really feel it’s a lo`ng arduous path for the Indian film industry to ever reach their level of expertise, character framing and of course the script.
Then if you want to have a laughter riot in a wacky way then go for this movie “How to lose friends and alienate people” again a startling performance by all the characters.
One of my personal favourite if you go by the character performances then a must watch is “The last king of Scotland”. The lead role played by Forrest Whitaker has received an Oscar for this role played by him. Coming to our Indian cinema I did watch “Chhoti si baat” by the genius Hrishikesh mukherjee. I just love that guy. Even after several decades you watch his film you are enchanted by the cinematography, the livewire performances, the screenplay and everything else I have missed. These are my genre of films which I love watching repeatedly.

I have heard people saying that Aamir khan is better actor than shah rukh khan. Mass is always right, let me agree to it. Shah Rukh Khan is not a bad actor either but I will tell you what makes them look different. Just go back and remember any of the films of Aamir khan you must have watched say for example “Sarfarosh” the good thing about aamir khan’s performance is you don’t remember the person in real but the character in the movie. I never remember Aamir khan in any of his movies but only the character he has played. In “sarfarosh” I don’t remember Aamir khan but instead of that I remember A.C.P. Rathod and that’s the mark of a great actor. And fortunately or unfortunately Shah Rukh khan lacks this. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. I would say SRK is a charmer and persona unlimited. Even in the best of performances I don’t remember the character he has played but simply remember SRK. And I think he has no regrets because the world appreciates him because of that. One should do what he is best at. And so Aamir is surely a better actor but SRK a better entertainer, charmer and hero.

1 comment: